Wednesday, November 14, 2007

I'm back

Hello. I'm back from a long absence.

I'm sure many of you have heard by now about the court case about whether or not a prostitute, who was forced at gunpoint to have sex with a man and 4 of his friends, was actually raped. The judge presiding over the case, whose name I can't really remember very well (Theresa Carr Deni?), said it wasn't. Instead, she said that it was "theft of services" and that cases like this should be thrown out because they demean women who have actually been raped.

What the crap? How can she be serious? If you're made to have sex with somebody at gunpoint, then prostitute or not, you've been raped. Rape is rape! It can't be changed into "theft of services" just because the victim happens to be somebody who takes money for sex. When a prostitute is paid money to have sex, then its voluntary. Anything other than that or romantic experiences is classified as rape!

I was glad to hear that the Philadelphia BAR Association is going to try and kick Judge Deni out, but her decisions still annoy me to no end.

1 comment:

Razor Mick said...

Sometimes I swear it's another world we live in.